Pro Logic Distortion viewing video tapes

Anonymous
Can anyone tell me why I get distortion on dialogue only when viewing video tapes using Pro Logic or Pro Logic 2. I have tried various vcrs and av amps with the same results. It is only present on dialogue and comes from the the front left and right speakers. Have also tried different speakers and high quality cabling. Present Setup is JVC HR7965 SVHS, Marantz SR4400 and Kef 2005.2 Eggs. Monster cables Ixos interconnects
Confused???

Derek
If you hear a swishing sound and you record from digital cable of satelite, this may be normal. It's just leakage produced from the high compression they use. I hear it too, but I have to get close to the speakers.

If it sounds like lightning bolt buzz or a helicoptor rotor when the sound gets loud or the picture gets bright, it may be tracking on the VCR. I have a JVC S-VHS VCR and I occasionally need to adjust the tracking by hand. Use the channel up/down buttons on the VCR while the tape is playing.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Hi Derek
Thanks for the help. It is more like a scratchy sound in the front speakers when listening to dialogue. What setting do you use when viewing tapes eq Pro Logic 2 Movie or Music etc.?
Regards
Rob

Derek
Music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us