Goo systems screen paint

mike
Has anyone had any experience using this stuff? Im just wondering how good it really works? They claim to create a better picture than many of the hi-end screen companies out there.

Anonymous
Go to Sears. Buy their best "Weatherbeater", outdoor, FLAT, paint. Look at the color sample chart, which comes with that paint. Select a gray, which is as close to white, as possible, for your tint. Put three coats on, over a span of a minimum of three weeks. Putting a bunch of coats on, within the space of a week, is a waste of time. The paint must "set" first. That takes a couple of weeks. Your picture will be so good, you will think, you have a new projector. (You will have to use more than two coats.)

Derek
I have not used Goo paint but I have seen a wall painted with it. Goo is not just a "color". The paint has gain - it's very reflective. No matter how "white" a white paint is, it absorbs and scatters a great deal of light. Go to www.da-lite.com/ or http://www.stewartfilm.com/ for more information on screen gain.

Goo is similar to the paint municipalities use paint reflective strips on streets and is designed to reflect more light back in the direction that it came from. It is brighter and whiter than your typical white paint.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
I keep seeing references to "reflective", and "aluminum" paint. Do-it-yourself screens require FLAT paint. Folks like da-lite and stewart, who are screen professionals, are the ONLY PEOPLE, who can make a "reflective" type screen, which does not have hotspots. Their screens are the result of professional research, done by experts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us