Help me spend my $ on a TV!

deke ramstiff
Hello,

My head is spinning. I have about $3000 I can spend (from working extra - the wife says I can use my money for anything I want!), but I just don't know what to do - rear projection (CRT or DLP) or a newer front projector (Sony had one for about $3000 that seemed quite nice) or... Rear projection seems the best bang for buck, but there is the size issue - they take up so much room and this impacts the WAF (Wife acceptance factor). I would really like a front projector to have the "real movie" experience, and we do have a dedicated room for it (I am all set with audio - Rotel 1055, B&W CM2s, CMC, ASW-675 and 601s), but can I really get something for $3000 in a front projector that would compete with the image quality of a rear projection TV?

Or should I just wait - it seems that something better comes out every day.

Craig
you are more than set at $3000 for a front projector. You have to consider that with a front projector the screen can cost up to $1000 of your budget. Maybe spend the money on a decent dlp front projector and get something like goosystems.com for a projector. You can just paint it on the wall and frame with a crown moulding type of frame. I spent less on my projector (infocus 4800) and am quite happy with the quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us