Onkyo 760 with smaller speakers?

Anonymous
we recently bought S760 from Frys and the sound is really, really good, but my wife does not like speaker size(s). Any suggestions? We liked Bose speker size (small, compact).

Did anybody try S760 + bose (or other small speakers)? Does this reduce the quality of sound that we are getting right now (i.e., do you guys think Onkyo did spent lot of R&D on speakers so going with some thing else may require substantial tunning)

Also what speaker gauge wire do you guys recommend (the supplied speaker wires are too short)? Does name brand speaker wire vs. generic matters?

MrHorspwer
You won't get much support around here with the decision to switch to Bose cube speakers.

"If it has no high and has no lows... it must be Bose"

I own a HTS760 system and certainly wouldn't switch to a set of Bose speakers. I dunno if that is saying alot of good things about the included Onkyo speakers, or just saying how bad Bose speakers really sound.

If you want a nice small speaker setup, take a look on Energy Speakers Take 5+1 system. Lots of good reviews, cheaper than Bose I'm sure.

As for speakers wire, I personally went with 14 gauge and have no complaintes.

Anonymous
Take a look at the Klipsch Synergy Quintet System. It is a 5 piece system, sans subwoofer. It sounds great and the speakers are a decent size. Keep the Onkyo Subwoofer, its a decent sub. The Klipsch system will run about $400-500. If you buy, remember to change the speaker crossovers to a different setting.

Also get some 16 gauge or better.. Monster Cable has some nice wire for speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us