Surround sound connection to Amplifier

Username: Trevor

Pretoria, Western Cape South Africa

Post Number: 3
Hi,Please Help, about to commit suicide.
I bought a sany home theatre system and connected it my video to my tv, my dvd to my video and my speakers to the amplifier.
I connected rca leads from my dvd to my amp for centre ,surround and front speaker.
When I do the test tone each and every speaker works but when i play a dvd all speakers don't work simultaneously.I set the balance in the middle but still the one only plays. My front right does not play as loud as my front left ,if i turn the balance more to the right the front right plays a bit louder but with a "tsssh" sound but not as loud as the front left.

Please tell me what i am doing wrong.
Thanx alot, all the way from Pretoria South Africa.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 681
Trevor are you still alive???:-)
Did you read the manual? I found that most of the problems can be solved by consulting that little book. Not a lot of folks read it, thinking that this home theater is simple plug and play.
Follow the diagrams then set-up the receivers and then the DVD on how it will handle the audio and video signal outputs.
what is your dvd player? Does it have digital/optical output? On the menu, is it sending out pcm? Dolby? DTS?
The test tone is nothing but noise from your receiver (not your other sources) to calibrate the level of output for each speaker.
You have some reading to do.
good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us