Polk RM7200?

Username: Gavin

Post Number: 1
Has anyone checked out the Polk RM7200 speaker package? Crutchfield has this system on sale for $999, and I'm very curious.

http://www.crutchfield.com/I-recsc000/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=4&g=12700&I= 107RM7200&o=p&a=0&cc=01&avf=N&search=rm7200

I'm very curious, but I haven't been able to find a local vendor to demo them. Any other speaker systems for ~$1000, that I'm obviously overlooking? I'm looking to fill a fairly large room - 20x24.

Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Cicuit City has the Polk RM7200 on sale for $715.00 now. I'm watching Fry's for the RM7600 on sale. They are just superb.

traloobuf
Unregistered guest
I just bought them at Fry's for $499! Sale runs until 8/17

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 579
The 7200 has been replaced so it should be on sale right now. Do not buy any components from Crutchfield. While you get good service you pay full list price in almost all cases. They are very well known and I guess that's how they get away with their outragous prices.

Username: Dougjulie

Post Number: 1
I looked at Fry's online "outpost" store and did not see the Polk speakers listed. Any suggestions?

Username: 1sctrojan

Post Number: 2
Just picked up the 7200's for $499 at Fry's. They were the last ones in stock. WooHoo!

Big Fish
Unregistered guest
Polk Audio use to make top of the line speakers(when Dr. Polk actually built them) that sold in such stores as "tweeter etc." and "take 5 audio". Now they are just a mid line speaker sold in stores like "cicuit city" as there top shelf line. Its to bad when a top company sacrafices quality for quantity. (production, production Its all about the C.R.E.A.M.). Dont get me wrong they are an o.k. speaker, not bad for the money, just not what they use to be. If you want a much better speaker for not to much more money go with klipsh...Sorry polk fans...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us