Accidently set DVD to PROGRESSIVE = no picture or menu to correct the problem!

I just purchased the Sony Dream system and accidently set it to PROGRESSIVE under the DVD SETUP menu. As quickly as it happen, I think I hit the menu button, pressed down once to get me into specific settings, then down 4 times and then mistakenly changed the setting from INTERACTIVE to PROGRESSIVE. Well, since I'm not running off a HDTV, the picture output is no longer sent to my TV (progressive utilizes 3 cables instead of the 1 that I was using).

Like I said....all I get is a blue screen. No menu, no movies...nothing!

Basically, I need VERY DETAILED directions on the specific arrows/buttons commands I need to scroll through the menu (blindly) and set the option back to INTERACTIVE! I've tried unplugging it and the settings are still stored in the system without power!

Thanks!

Anonymous
Sorry to hear your of your accident.

I don't know your player, but I would think somewhere in the user manual it will tell you how to reset the machine to the default setting.

It will probably be something like holding the on/off button for 3 seconds.

Derek
Is there a button on the remote or the front of the player? Is the a switch on the back? There has to be something in the manual besides going into an invisible menu...

Hey, thanks for taking the time to read about my problem. I took it back to Circuit City and hooked it up to a HGTV so I could view the screen. Looks like the reason I couldn't unlock the setting was because that option was blocked when I had the DVD Set Up option set to Progressive. So, to resolve the problem, I needed an HGTV and I also had to switch this switch in the back of my DVD player from INTERFACE to SELECTABLE. Once I had it in SELECTABLE mode, the option to set Progressive back to INTERFACE in the DVD Set Up menu was editable. What a pain in the A$$! Thanks again!

Bravo 3
A few days ago I did the same thing but I somehow managed to change it back by blindly going through the menu w/ the remote. This is a good warning for everyone on these boards. (Although I did find it pretty funny afterwards)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us