7.1 - 6.1, I don't understand the difference !

Anonymous
I've read somewhere that 7.1 does'nt really exist because the two surround back speakers delivers the same sounds. I must have missed something.
If it's true, isn't it possible to plug two speakers on the surround back output of an 6.1 amp to upgrade to 7.1 ?

Your answers will be very much appreciated, I'm just about to change my amp (Onkyo TX DS595) for a 6.1 or 7.1 (Onkyo 701E or 900E).

Excuse my poor english, I'm french...

Derek
There is no 7.1 standard. Typically a manufacturer will use a proprietary DSP to derive two additional channels from a 5.1 source. There are 6.1 standards, though. Dolby and DTS both have their versions.

Hope this helps.

Xavier
Thanks, so I'll buy the Onkyo TX-SR701E and I'll try to put two surround rears speakers on it.

Does anybody own this amp ? I can't find any review of it on internet, a bit of feedback would be appreciated from owners, I don't want to make a mistake buying it and I must order it online (so I can't listen to it before buying it....)

Thanks again

Bob
Check out hometheaterhifi.com

Unregistered guest
I have the optical cable hooked up to my receiver but I unable to receive DTS/DTS-ES signal on the receiver. Have tried on different DVD still doesn't work. Have cfm all settings on both equipment. Really need help anyone.
(Pioneer DV-533K / Yamaha RX-V740)

Anonymous

All i can suggest is that you may need to changr the audio settings on your dvd player or that your dvd player doesn't support dts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us