Can anyone recommend a HT speaker package for Denon AVR-1802?

J.C.
I am putting together my first home theatre system and need some recommendations. After careful research I have decided on the Denon AVR-1802 receiver. Can anyone recommend a great (budget-priced) HT speaker system? I've heard that the Harman Kardon HTKS5 is a good buy, but I would like some feedback (preferably from those who own an AVR-1802) before I buy anything. Any recommedations would be greatly appreciated.

I don't own anything right now, but I have been researching for a few months now. I am stuck between spending $500 or $2000. The price and the wife are the reason I haven't picked up anything yet. If I go for the lower price I am seriously considering the hometheaterdirect.com level 2 set. It's $500 for a set that almost matches the Polk RT25I and includes a 10" sub. They have a 30-day money back guarentee which includes shipping. There is a review here at Cnet http://electronics.cnet.com/electronics/0-6342413-1304-7813280.html?tag=pdtl-list

Other than that I was looking at the Energy Take 5.2 for around $700 on the net or the Polk Rm6200 set. Overall I think I would go for the HTD Level 2 with there money back deal. Unless you don't have the room.

Anonymous
I heard the JBL NSP-1 Speaker set is great. Just make sure that the center channel is properly sheilded

GMR
I have just bought the Denon 1802 and have matched them up with Paradigm. Titans up front, Atoms for surrounds, CC-170 for center and 10" sub. I'm happy with the sound.

Working for Dolby Labs, I test a lot of equipment. The best match for Denon's mid-low range receivers that I have found has been Definitive technology's. www.definitivetech.com. They are the best bang for the buck with supurb sound. Your ears will be in peace. There are many chices to choose from and no matter which one you choose, they will all match eachothers sound quality (timbre)

I recently bought the AVR1802 and the Energy Take 5.2 speaker system. I can't imagine a better sounding system for my 13' by 17' bonus room. DTS movie soundtracks sound seamless and music in the Denon's 5ch stereo mode is incredible. I paid $600.00 for the speakers with the 8" subwoofer, but it sounds like a much more expensive setup, especially when listening to music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us