Setting up the htb-544, programming etc.

I'd like to ask those of you that have bought the htb 544 if you are using the programmable remote. This forum seems to be the best site so far for this system. I've had some trouble so far getting the reciever to decode the digital signal from the dvd player. (I'm considering not switching the s-video because i only have one svideo component [if you don't count the video game systems]) that way i don't run into problems with the receiver only outputting composite video. Anyway, has anyone programmed their remote to retire the rest of their remotes, perhaps using the rf repeater slot? I was sold on the new remote hoping i could get it to work but the manual is abysmal. Thanks for you help.
-Valentin

Well i have it pretty much set up and it sounds great, the subwoofer has some tremendous effects when i rented U-571 and played it in DTS. Great house shaking. the Sound for the music is pretty good but all i have to compare it to is some old stereo speakers. I bet it could be better but for now i can't tell the difference. (maybe audiophilism is an aquired taste, or what should i call it). Now i was wondering about where people plugged the Stereo Out from their television on the back of the receiver. At first i tried the obvious one, monitor speaker in (or something to that respect) and i couldn't get the remote to acknowledge that. So now it is under tape in the music menu. I tried for about 10 minutes so I'm merely tired of fiddling. Also, is there a way to order the inputs of the movie menu (like when you press movie you have to cycle through video 1, 2, 3, before you get to DVD [assuming you have all those hooked up]). I want to have my DVD input first in line since i don't watch a lot of VHS anymore. Anybody who has figured all this out please respond. Maybe send me an email( qvalff8@netscape.net ) or post here.
Appreciate it.
-Valentin

James Morgan
I don't know if there is a way to reorder the movie inputs, but you can delete the ones you don't need (at least on the remote). That may help.

I ran my TV into video 3. I was having a heck of a time getting that to work until I discovered that the TV volume control was set all the way down, and it was that volume control that controlled the sound level. Once I raised the volume on my TV up, I suddenly had surround sound!

Check out this site. Here is a direct link to the section that deals with programmig the VR-509 remote.

HTB Troubleshooting
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us