Help connecting powered speakers

Username: Stray~johnny

Post Number: 1
Hi guys and gals,

New here, and just purchased my first home theatre system. I am new to modern home theatre equipment and I got my speakers used so there was no manual included. I have the following:

Yamaha RX-V3000 reciever
nuance n-100 powered front speakers
nuance bookshelf rear speakers
nuance center channel

now I hooked up the rear speakers fine and they work on the test, but I have no clue what so ever on how to hook up the front powered speakers

on these speakers there is:
-low level input (which I think I connect to preout on amp is this correct?)
-high level inputs, 4 inputs, left and right for each speaker?
-then there is another connection mid way down the speaker which I have no clue what that does or where I connect it on the reciever.

Help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 628
Where did you buy these speakers?

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5875

Post Number: 2
I got them from another guy used. I traded him 500 dollars in car parts for the amp and all the speakers, so I dont think it was a bad deal. However I would like to know how to hook them up. And WOW what a bad thread for nuance. I actually thought these speakers were pretty good until I seen that thread and also after I contacted customer support for nuance for help hooking my speakers up. This is an exact copy and paste of their customer service:

ME:

First Name : Jonathan
Last Name : St. Pierre
Questions or Comments : Hi there, I just purchased the nuance N-100 speaker system used from another fellow. He lost the manual for them and I am kind of lost on how to hook them up. There is so many connections on the back of the speakers and Im not sure what goes where, if you have a diagram or something I could look at that would be great. I see a spot for high level inputs, then a connection for low level inputs (which i dont see a low level output on my amplifier) and I also see the main connection in the middle. Im not sure if I just have to plug in the main connection or if all connections (low level, high level, and the main) all have to be hooked up for the speakers to work properly. Thank you, Jonathan

RESPONSE:

does your ap have a sub ouput g baker

ME:

yes my amp has a sub output. But it is one single component connection
where as the two front speakers have a right and left low level input
and also 4 connections for high level inputs as well as the main input
lower down. Do all these have to be connected?

RESPONSE:

get a y connectopr 1 male to two females at the source and then hook up the two females to 2 rca cables that go into the low level inputs on each nuance amp either input l or r ,,,, then hook up your speaker output wires to your amp left to the lower terminal omeach speaker,,, do not use the high level inputs on the nuance amp,,, tks g baker ceo if need more help email or call me at 647 999 7517

wow talk about being either wasted or baked while running a fraudulant company. But I guess all I can do is use these speakers so any help to hook them up would be appreciated, I didn't understand anything that guy said.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14698
The surprising thing was that you actually got tech support.

Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 10
Do your speakers look like this?

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/Edmonton/Speakers/788/66990290/NUANCE_BABY_GR AND_SPEAKERS_Great_for.aspx

Post Number: 3
Yes the back looks identicle. However they are the N-100 series not the N-200 series. But the hookups are the same. Still dont have these hooked up so any help would be appreciated!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Your speakers simply have a subwoofer installed in each of them. The suggested hook up would be subwoofer out of your receiver to an RCA Y (splitting the output two ways, then running one leg of the Y to the left speaker and the other to the right. You will hook the RCA cable into the LOW LEVEL INPUT on both speakers. Then simply take your left and right main speaker wire and connect it to the terminals (not pictured) lower down on each speaker. If your system came with a bunch of wire you probably have everything you need, if not I can find pictures of the Y' and RCA cables.

Hope this helps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Well, I never thought I would find the hover ads useful :-) but place your mouse over the "RCA cables" double underlined above to see the cable I am talking about.

RCA Y splitter

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Here is a picture of a Y:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=RCA+Y+splitte&i=119 IHPY2F

Post Number: 4
so basically I need to get 3 Y cables? one for each of the speakers then one to split the sub output on the amp to the two other y cables? because my speakers have a red and white low level input connections not just one.

And also you are saying I dont use the high level inputs? just the connector near the bottom?

Thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
You really do not have to wait to buy the Y's but will be happy when you do. If you have an RCA patch cable you could run that directly from the sub out to one of the red inputs on one of your speakers. Plug only that speaker in then run the main speaker wire to the lower terminals (on both speakers), and you are up and running.

You certainly can get the three Y's, one would be one male to two female and the others would be one female to two male. The two at the speaker are not required however, you could simply use the red/right input on each of the speakers.

The High level inputs, are used for different purposes such as if you didn't have a sub out on your receiver. If that were the case you would hook your left and right speaker wires to those binding posts and then from the High level out to the posts below.

Try to follow the schematic on the back, each line represents a wire and while I cannot find a clear picture of it, with what you know now you may be able to trace the lines between your receiver and these speakers to learn exactly what you are doing. Welcome to Electronics 101!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us