Help w/ old speaker system setup on new tv

Username: Sandhiller

Post Number: 1
Hey. I've got a somewhat lengthy ques.Ever since I can remember, we've had a 32" crt screen. My dad recently just bought a hd 42"JVC.SuperNice.There's a problem though;we still have the same sound system, which has consisted of two dirt old,large speakers and two smaller acoustic speakers and one heavy amp(RCA PROformer). These speakers are the old ones that just have open wire that clamp into the amp. With our old tv it worked nicely. With this new one, whenever I plug the amp into the tv,via red white cable, the sound is just "amplified", and you can't adjust the level of volume. So my question is, how do I get level,even sound coming from them that we can control with the remote. The following are also connected to the tv:Apex dvd,Toshiba VCR,PS2, Sony BLU-RAY. Now being just a kid, I'd really appreciate no "dude,
its time for an upgrade", even though I know it is. Any help or just general ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!!THANKS

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2088
­
All of current model JVC TVs have fixed audio outputs. There's no way to alter that output so that it is variable, which is what you need. A few years ago better TVs came with both. This was in the days when many people had receivers/amps that didn't come with remotes of their own. So with variable audio line output -- like your old 32 -- you could adjust the volume with the TV remote.

Sorry, I don't know of any way to solve your problem other than "dude.... You know the rest. There's lots of good buys on new receivers out there for less than you spent on that Blu-ray.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us