Onkyo help.

Username: Scud4life

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I just bought the onkyo HTiB over the weekend and I am having a little of problem installing it. Im using component cables for all my connections.
So my cable box (Comcast on demand box) is hooked up to the AV receiver. And the AV receiver is hooked up to the TV by component cables. I can get the picture and sound working but the sound still comes from the TV speakers. Am I missing a connection somewhere? I am sure the speakers are on but for some reason I cant get any sound to come out from them. Thanks for any help in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14508
How is the cable box connected to your receiver?

Post Number: 2
By the component cables.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14519
Component cables do not carry audio signals. Make sure you have audio cables connected as well.

Have you read the manual?

Post Number: 3
Ok i have the optical cable plugged in now and im still getting the sound out of the TV.

Post Number: 4
Ok heres my set up in better detail if its any help:
I have a Onkyo HT-R520 receiver, Comcast On demand cable box, Gamestop HD System Selector
The Comcast On Demand Box is plugged into Video 2 of my Av Receiver by component cable. The Optical Audio cable is running from the back of the cable box into the optical in 2.
The receiver is plugged into my Samsung tv by component cables.
The Gamestop HD System Selector is still to be to by connected.

Ok. Now thats out of the way I cant get sound coming out from the speakers. It still comes through the TV. I have tried pressing the Digital Input button till it said OPT2 but that did not work.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14532
Check with your cable company to see if they broadcast in digital sound.

Set your Onkyo receiver to "Auto-detect".

Username: Rhariv

Singapore

Post Number: 8
Hello Marc,

In the Onkyo speaker configuration and setup did you check in Digital Audio In. Check the Input/Output Assign setup. In Digital In you might want to check COAX1 or COAX2, which ever you are using.

Post Number: 5
yea i checked that just now and its set to opt2 but im just getting sound out of the tv speakers

Post Number: 6
if it matters if i put my receiver to the tuner mode the sound comes out from the tv

Username: Rhariv

Singapore

Post Number: 10
opt2 is for Optical Cable. I suppose you are using Coaxial Cable. I think it has to be COAX2 instead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us