Sub not working

I just got a new Yamaha RXV-800 and the Energy Take 5.2 speaker system with the 8.2 subwoofer. The receiver has a sub-out and I have a monster cable connecting the sub. All other speakers work fine but the sub gets nothing but a slight buzz at best. With the receiver power off, I removed the RCA cable to switch cables and the Sub then gave a buzzing sound whenever I touched the open RCA connector. Does this mean that the Sub is bad or the cable shorted? I exchanged the receiver because I thought it was the output jack, but the problem continues with the new receiver too. Any thoughts? Thanks.

ScottZ
Check your receiver setup for; subwoofer output level, LFE output level, and speaker size settings. If you select large main speakers your sub will receive less bass. And make sure your use spliter on your sub cable so to have a right and left input into the sub. It really makes a difference.

Good luck

Connect an RCA cable to your sub woofer, turn it on, and touch the RCA plug at the other end of the cable with your finger. If you hear a buzz, the sub woofer is not the porblem, probably just a setting in your receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us