What Component To Buy Next?

Bronze Member
Username: Billru44

Post Number: 28
I'm looking to upgrade my HT. I have a receiver and 2 front speakers. What's the next thing to get? (Sub / Center / etc)? I listen to about 50% music / 50% movies. But, i live in an apt... so that is a consideration for the sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14260
What kind of receiver do you have?

What is important to you?

What is it that you think you are missing now?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
jvc 8040-B. I think the bass is pretty decent as is for now. do you think a good center will tighten things up?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14272
It may or it may not. Really depends on your media and equipment. If the media is recorded in stereo, a center channel will not necessarily tighten it up. But for movies that are in 5.1, it may.

The best thing is to go to a place that has a complete set-up and listen for yourself using the media you have. Try different configurations and see if it does anything for you.

You may be surprised at what you'll hear.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 472
You will need a center, surrounds, and a sub. It does not matter what order you buy them. 2 speakers and a sub or 2 fronts 2 surrounds or 3 fronts, all these choices are good as long as you plan on eventually getting them all.

Silver Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 107
CES just debuted a 150" Plasma, would that fit in your apartment?

If not look for a reasonable 3 speaker center/surround package, you might want to stay away from the sub unless you want to get evicted?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Yes, I actually have old Bose 201 speakers that I may use for rears temporarily. I guess i'll get the center
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us