Need help connecting surround sound system

Username: Oscar2335

Tucson, Az

Post Number: 1
I need help connecting my surround sound system. I have an LCD TV, HDTV cable box and a DVD/Surround sound. I can watch DVDs and listen to CDs just fine, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get my surround sound system to play the sound from my cable box. I currently have it set up as follows:

HDTV Cable Box --> LCD TV via HDMI
DVD/Surround Sound --> LCD TV via HDMI
HDTV cable Box --> DVD/Surround Sound via Optical Audio cable.

My TV has 2 HDMI terminals and two sets of RCA/Component connections. The cable box and surround sound have one set of HMDIs each and one set RCA/Component terminals each.

Any help on this would be immensly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
}}

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 466
You may need to turn on the digital out put on the cable box, why they come with this feature in the off position baffles me.

Silver Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 119
I agree. Theres also a settings in the cable box that asks whether you want to send the audio through "Two Channel Only", "HDMI", or "Dobly Digital". One of these settings should fix up your problem.

Something else you might want to check out is whether or not the surround sound reciever is looking for the sound on a digital (optical) or a analog (RCA) input.

Username: Oscar2335

Tucson, Az

Post Number: 2
Thank you Casey and Dennis for your help. The aux setting on my DVD player had to be set to "Opt" for the optical cable. Getting my system to work properly was incredibly frustrating for me, but hopefully It'll get easier the next time around. I do appreciate your input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us