Basic Home Theater Hook-up Help!

Username: Kmlodzik

Post Number: 1
Sorry that this is a very basic question, but I am completely lost with this stuff! I have a very basic Sony Home Theater package with a receiver and dvd player. Is there a basic diagram anywhere that shows how to hook them up to my tv and cable box? Every diagram I have found shows it with other components(vcr, game system, etc). I tried contacting Sony and they weren't much help. My ex had it wired correctly but took several of the cables when he left so now I need to start from scratch hooking it up! Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 120
Give me the model of the TV, the cable box and the Sony home theater system. I will be more then happy to give you an exact description with as little hassle as possible.

Username: Kmlodzik

Post Number: 2
I am not sure of the exact model of the tv other than it is a 36" RCA that is at least 5 years old and all that it has on the back is one set of AV inputs and a cable hookup.
The DVD player is a Sony DVP-NS300.
The Receiver is a Sony STR-K502.
The cable box is from Time Warner is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 469
See if this site can help.
http://www.ceaconnectionsguide.com/
Basicly you need to hook up the DVD to the TV with Yellow Red and white RCA cables using those same color connections on the TV and DVD player. Then you need a Digital Coaxil cable from the DVD to the receiver. All these cables can be cheaply bought at Radio Shack or an Electronic store.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us