Help ME please!

Username: Paycheck08

Post Number: 1
Components:
Panasonic TH-50PZ77U 50" Plasma
Toshiba HD/DVD A30
Yamaha XHT-585BL Surround.
Problem:
I have connected the DVD to the receiver via HDMI cable, and the receiver to the TV via HDMI cable as well. The problem is no video/audio out of the TV, either connecting the DVD straight to the TV, or going through the receiver. The very first time that I connected the DVD to the TV i was able to play a DVD. I had to take the TV off the wall to run the cables behind the wall panel, and ever since then i get nothing out of the the TV. Is there something blatantly obvious, or not, that I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any help

Username: Windsordan

Post Number: 1
I have a digital Motorola Cable box and Comcast Digital Cable w/HD. Bought a HD Toshiba tv. Can't get sound through my Harmon Kardon A/R. Works ok with dvd player. Can anyone assist?

Post Number: 2
Dan, will your dvd play through the receiver speakers? Mine wouldn't, just through the tv. i too have a comcast hd box. comcast told me that i needed to run audio cables, in addition to my HDMI cable. i don't know if the extra cable is what you need, but it worked for me.

Username: Bsquared

Post Number: 2
Michael and Dan,

Have your problems been resolved? The extra audio cables are correct. I seem to have the same setup:

Panasonic 50" HD Plasma Model: TH-50PX75U
Home Theater System/Upconvert DVD Model: SC-PT750
Comcast Digital HD Cablebox

HDMI cable from plasma to Comcast digital box /HD
HDMI cable from plasma to receiver/DVD upconvert player.
RCA (red/yellow connections) cables from digital box to receiver

Both cable and DVD sound goes through AUX on receiver and home theater speakers. I'm not sure if it is correct, but the Geek Squad set it up that way.

Hope it helps.

Post Number: 3
yes, the audio cable was exactly what i needed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us