Running two sub woofers.

Username: Jamaces

Post Number: 6
I have a velodyne sub woofer, and from my old shitty yamaha "home theatre in a box" I have another sub woofer its actually not that bad of a subwoofer, small about 11x11.
Wondering what the best way to have the sub set up, i have the velodyne where they say to put them at the front right side.
Where abouts or any suggestions where the second should go, to kind of create the all around sub sound I have it positioned at the rear left.
Any better place to put it, I really cannot find any one running two sub woofers.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 446
The best thing to do is to experiment with positioning. Generally speaking, a corner is the best place for a sub. I'm running two subs in my setup - one in each corner at the front of my room.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 325
running two different subs, my freind is doing it but I wouldnt bother, but like David says experiment, I wonder what it would be like if you took the small sub and moved it around in back of you, I read this months ago but if you run two subs they should be the same subs, http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/speaker-setup-guidelines/subwoofer-placement-g uidelines

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 456
The old shitty yamaha "home theatre in a box sub is not worth the trouble just go with the Velodyne. if you must, 2 Subs should be half way down the side walls facing each other.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 448
I would have to agree with Casey. Ditch the Yamaha sub.

Post Number: 7
Well my parents have limited me to one room to the house even tho there is 5 rooms i can count that have no use at all.
So my 11ftx11ft bedroom is also my tv room. Well the sub had no use so I was using it as a place for my powerbook and I purchased a Arcam AVR350, and while i was at baybloor radio i figured i might as well get another sub cable and put that sub to use see what it could do.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 326
you have the Arcam AVR350? very nice, I want one, what speakers are you running?

my sub is right under my center channel its a front firing 15" none ported design and it disperses the bass threw out the room very well, http://www.dolby.com/consumer/home_entertainment/roomlayout2.html I dont agree with strict room layouts, every room is different, and so many speaker designs, and different ways of listining, to achieve a room that sounds good all the time is to experiment with different ideas

Post Number: 8
Im using Totem Acoustic, the dream catcher centre, two arro tower's for the front, and two dreamcatcher bookshelfs for the rear.

Everyone had told me Arcam was the best amp to use with these speakers, I was using a NAD system, went to a retailer and to me sounded the best. Unfortunatly I did not have the time to compare the system, but I still think Arcam has the better sound.
But its all personal, what you like and what you don't like.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us