Home Theatre PC & external DVD

Jack
Hi,
I'm in the process of buying a new PC and was thinking of using it to get surround sound from my external panasonic DVD player. I was also thinking of taking the video thru the PC as well in case there was a synchronisation problem between the video and sound.
Has anyone done this before and have any advice?

Derek
You wont need to pass the video through the PC to keep the Audio amd Video in sync.

I have a HTPC with and ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 8500-DV and a DVD CD-R combo drive. I also have Philips progressive scan [real] DVD player. I can pass the video through the PC but it doesn't look better and there isn't a sync difference.

Anonymous
Derek,

I have an ATI AIW 8500DV too and am trying to set up my HTPC. Can you tell me what connects where and how to get sound to my receiver?

Samsung DLP TV
Technics AV/R
Toshiba DVD player (non-progressive scan)
DirecTV RCA satellite receiver

*DirecTV receiver connected via composite video & S-video to TV using Video 1
*TV Monitor connected to AV/R using TV Monitor Out and AV/R VCR 1 connection
*DVD player connected to TV Video 2 using composite & S-video.
*DirecTV receiver connected to PC AIW 8500 DV card via Directv receiver Out to TV Coax connection and AIW 8500 DV coax connector
*AIW 8500DV line out connector connected to AV/R Tape DCC connection but sound is faint and only on one side

I want to use my PC as a PVR.

Thanks for any help.

Derek
I use the HTPC as a second VCR. Connect your A/V gear to the receiver as you normally would. Then connect the correct A/V cables from your receivers VCR Record Out to the Line input on the ATI. Connect one Video cable from the ATI to the Video In on the Receiver VCR loop. Run the normal Line Out (Audio) from your computer to the the receivers VCR Audio Inputs.

Now you can record anything the receiver can see and you can hear audio from the computer.

Hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
I have a samsung vcr and would like to run my
computer through it to use my tv as a monitor, is this possible and if so how?

LAne
Unregistered guest
How do you go about passing the video through the PC

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1310
video output card

Unregistered guest
Can you connect VCR/DVD via SCART to VGA to your Laptop/Computer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us