Pioneer 60'' Elite, Pioneer Elite AVR and mirage speakers...

Bronze Member
Username: Rcooke

Post Number: 28
Thinking of the following system....

Pioneer 60'' Elite plasma
Pioneer Elite AVR
mirage speakers...

will be about 12 ft away from TV and play xbox, ps3 watch sport and movies

Do I need to worry about burn in?????

Your comments and recommendations will be much appreciated! Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 198
Plazma has to many issues, yes burn in could be one of them https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/371716.html this thread we talked about some of these issues, since then I have looked at samsung 60" vs sony 60" SXRD, samsung sorry to say there 60" has lots of fading around the edges, sony as much as I hate sony there 60" SXRD has little fading and it looks great, I have viewed both at bestbuy and costco, I have not viewed the sony long enough to see if it has tracer issues though, and as far as Stefans post 145 about color wheel of death, I have tried staring at the screen and turning my head, and looking threw my fingures while moving them rapidly back and forth, on projectors and tv my own and in stores (looking stupid and attracting weard looks and comments) and I have not yet see the rainbow problem,

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 416
Ralph the new Pioneer Elite (KURO) PRO 150FD plasmas are getting rave reviews. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=858455&page=205 I've installed 2 Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi receivers and I can tell you that they are very capable machines. The model is the VSX-94TXH. 2076_310069729_477134674%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/k uro/product/details/0,,2076_310069729_477134674,00.html 2076_310069789_475749029%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/k uro/product/details/0,,2076_310069789_475749029,00.html

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 417
Sorry about the poor Pioneer links try 2076_310069605%2C00.htmlthis,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/kuro/di vision/0,,2076_310069605,00.htmlthis one

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
casey, I like pioneer elite they make good shiit, but this thread is going to have to focus on the plazma burn in problem with heavy gaming use, besides I dont think plazma can get away from such issues as, burn in, using lots of power and getting hot, anyways everybody should read the thread in my 198 post before they say anything, and ralph, pioneer elite avr and mirage speakers are both very good choices, what mirage speakers are you thinking of getting the omni series look very cool

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
not sure - happy to take some advice here.

SO there seems to be lots of differences of opinion about burn in etc...

Personally I have never seen it and have been an avid halo and fifa fan on a old panny 42 inch plasma before hd came out - never had burn in...

I dont expect to have this tv longer than 5 years as technology is moving so fast but the truth is there are times when I may play for a couple of hours...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thanks Casey and angelo for your advice - its a big purchase and I need to get it right!

On the LCD side I like the Sony Bravia XBR5 52'' BUT I would prefer a bigger TV (11.5 ft away) and do watch tv & movies also... I have been told pioneer kuro elite is the best,,,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
... I meant watch sport (not tv :-) ) above...

Bronze Member
Username: Sobeeatch

Post Number: 14
Plasma burn in should not be an issue unless you leave stationary images on (like tv logos) for prolonged periods and/or you are a serious gamer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
technology in video is probobly the fastest growing thing in home theater right now, with the new laser coming out it could very well put a furm spanking on the other technologies, spending over $2000 on a tv right now might be a bad idea, in one year from now if laser meets all expectation, and my consern if it dos no damage to your eyes, then other technologies will have to drop there prices, or drop all together, but you want to make the right chioce right now too.

to answer your question on plazma it looks like the higher end modles are using mutiple anti-burn in technologies to reduce burn in, to sum up plazma at this time,
there is a lower risk of burn in on higher end modles
they use lots of power
they get hot
the screen can produce lots of glare
only the higher end modles look good, and at this time with laser coming out its broblibly a bad idea to spend that kind of money
http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/6372/52/1/0/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS6wsJRGqnQ

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
Go for the omni seriesUpload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
r u recommending 4* OMNI 150 and 1* Omni C150 with OMNI S10 Sub?

Any good?

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
ralph, very nice, but we need to know your room size, ceiling hight, and any open areas, and you dont have to restrict yourself to the omni sub, its not as critical on low frequencies to stick with the same brand

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
Im not saying the omni sub is bad but if your room is to big and you want a lot of bass for movies, there could be a more room filling sub out there, Im just thinking

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
room 22ft by 12ft, ceiling 9ft.

I have a 3 year old and am in a flat so volume is NOT important just quality of sound.

I would prefer smaller speakers if you dont have to give up too much quality... spending less than $2000. thanks again folks

I read KEF 3005 are good also NHT...

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
then if your still looking for brands of speakers I sujest you go to a few audio dealers and listen for what you like, to me some speakers sound bright and can give me listening fatigue but in the begining sound crisp and clean, were others will sound warmer, not so crispy on the highs but less susceptible to developing listening fatigue, others will expain it In diffrent ways, for example, klipsch with there horn loaded tweets or some other brands with metal type dome tweets but not all, can be bright to me, and then if you take most quality speakers with soft dome tweets like whafedale or ERA and many others, can sound warm, sweet, detailed, and extremly sexxxy.

by the way perfect room dimensions, if you are going to make the 22' front to back, I dont know if the omni 150 speakers would be big enough, I know JOHN S, has had experiance with them, maybe he can tell you if hes around, john are you out there?
hold on I think I know how to get his attentionUpload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
unfortunately I cant use 22 ft long as there is a window at the whole side ... and it wont work...

I need to have my tv on the 22 ft wall therefore will be watching about 11.5 ft away... does that make a big difference?

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
huge difference if your saying that your rear speakers are going to be a 1/2 foot from your head and you have huge open spaces on ether side, that means your speakers wont have a chance to expand the sound (sound stage) and then the open area will vent the sound somewere else, you will get sound shufed in your face, there is allways a way to compromise thou, if you have to, omni spaekers are direct/reflecting speaker that would work well in a situation I think, and there very mountable so you can mount the rears on low hanging ceiling mounts upside down, mounting them like this and the design of the speaker should correct some of the problems, we had a problem like this a while ago https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/378130.html look at my post 163 and click on my room, I have window too

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
ralph, you have two threads going?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
:-) yes - was in arush for info.. sorry for confusion :-)

what do you mean about rear speakers 1/2 foot away?

I could have them 10 ft either side ??? I can still use the whole room its just that my sofa will be along the long wall ie the front tv and speakers will be 11.5 ft away

and rears will be at slightly behind but can be anywhere in the room...

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
everything I said still stands, I recently auditioned a home theater setup that the room was square, the couch was against the back wall and the rear speakers were on the sides, very nice equipment, pioneer elite and def tech speakers, there was a complete dead spot in back of me that was irritating, and all the rear sound was coming from the sides, and if somebody sat next to me they blocked that side so it didnt sound right, if you do see 5.1 and the rears are on the sides its a diffrent approach, using Dipole speakers and a distant back wall to bounce the sound off.
in my system I have had people turnning around scared screaming because the jetplain in the movie making its slow decent from the back of the room and landing in front on screen sounded like it was coming threw the house, shaking the house, (I usually turn it up real loud in cases like these) its the job of the,
material
prossesor
and good speakers to give a believable surround sound feel, pink floyd darkside 5.1 song (on the run) when the person is running from left front to right to back right to left and the transition is beleivable, to get this all to work, (propper speaker placement is just as important).

It has took me many years to build my home theater and im not done, but making a mistake that could have been prevented by propper resreach is hard to deal with for me,
fine tuning is the fun part

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
wall mounting the omni`s as close to the wall as posible and spreading them out a little and toeing them in, and maybe if they can be place upside down so you can get them elivated a little more, upside down is just a thought thou so dont hold me to that one, it might be a mistake you would have to talk to mirage on that one, and then move the couch as for forward as posible, every inch counts, every little thing helps, call mirage they might tell you something diffrent thats what I would do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us