I'm sooooo confused.......connecting HTIB

I just purchased the Onkyo 767c today...I'm trying to get it all connected up. The manual specifically states that the receiver will not convert formats. I can get the receiver, DVD and TV all connected using component connections.

But my Cable Box (Motorola DCT 2224) and my VCR do not have component connections. How do I get them connected?

Even if I can have reduced audio/video from these two units is there a way to by-pass them somehow....?

Thanks

If you want convenience (which is really the whole point, right?) forget about component video and go to s-video instead. Do your VCR and cable box have s-video outputs? If so, wiring everything with s-video will give you excellent quality and super=easy convenience.

Component video is certainly great, but there aren't many receivers that switch between component sources or do a decent job of upconverting from s-video or composite video. They're out there, but they're typically pretty expensive. If it's any consolation, in my experience with a calibrated 32" Sony Wega, it's damned hard to tell the difference between component video and s-video.

If your VCR and cable box only have composite video outputs (yellow RCA jacks), then you have a tougher decision. You could use composite for everything (including the DVD player) to make things easy, but you'd definitely lose a bit of quality on DVDs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us