Help!...Can anyone answer?

Dan Cropley
The other day while going into Sam's Club, a local audio supplies van pulled up and asked if I'd be interested in buying a Home Theatre Sound System. It was a young kid who explained that they received "an extra one" and his boss said he could have it and didn't want to deal with sending it back. He said he only makes $8.00 an hour and needs the money. He said it was worth $1100 but that I could have it for $300...I gave him $180. It is a Tsunami acoustic image series /2 home theatre surround system. There was no manual but everything looks new and intact. It is a 5 speaker package with 3 center speakers (about 9-10 inches in length) and 2 satelite speakers (at about 5-6 inches in length). The back of each speaker says "35W maximum". Did I get ripped off? Should I buy land in Florida? Amazingly, I cannot find anything on the internet about this product. What do I have. Was I taken? Can anyone help? Thanks Dan

Anonymous
Dan,

Check the forum in the speaker section called "Great deal or con victim". Maybe you'll feel better knowing that youre not the only one.

A-NON-YMOUS
"It was a young kid who explained that they received "an extra one" and his boss said he could have it and didn't want to deal with sending it back'

You honestly believed that line? Retailers ship stuff all day long to customers and suppliers---that was one of the lamest lies I ever heard. Greed must have overcome your common sense.

G-Man
Word of advice---never buy from people that approach you from trucks or vans--it is either stolen merchandise, or even more likely re-packaged crap that is hardly worth more than the box it came in.

Hawk
Dan:

I think it is safe to say that you won't find any info on Tsunami speaker systems other than threads on this forum. Next week, the name of the speakers will be different (last weeks name was "Audiofile" if I remember correctly). You may not have been ripped off--$180 sounds about right for low level HTIB systems of this type. Have you wired it up with electronics to test it? If it works, it is worth about $180 because that is what you paid for it. If it doesn't work, then I would suggest you were taken.

I never cease to be amazed at these "white van" stories (o.k., sometimes it is a "beige van"), because I was always taught that if something is too good to be true, it probably is. Yet, people keep posting that they got these "deals" from a van or truck in the parking lot at _______ (you fill in the blank). You are not alone on this, so chalk it up to experience.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us