Which Home Theater Speakers?

I am setting up a dedicated home theater system and need some help choosing the speakers. I am trying to stay in the $1,500.00 ballpark for the speakers & sub. My wife would like to have smaller modules that are less visually intrussive and is favoring the Mission fs2 flat panel system. I tend to favor front towers and bookshelf size rear surrounds. We will be using an Onkyo 696 reciever and Onkyo DVD. The reviews leave us confused. Any suggestions.

Steven
There are so many to choose from. Some of the names which come to mind and which have been reviewed favorably include Paradigm, Aperion, NHT, PSB, Diva Swan, B&W, Axiom, JM Lab and RBH.

All of these companies have pretty extensive websites with information and links to reviews.

There are also many sites on the web which have reviewed speakers by these companies, so you can see what others have said about them.

Also you can go to www.audioreview.com to see what consumers say about the speakers as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven

You are using a simular reciever to me. I have a Integra 6.2, and I am using the pardadigm monitor series. Which are the Monitor 3 front. They are a large bookshelves, and minis in the rear and the 370 center. For a sub the pdr 12 or 10 is a good choice. It sounds great. But the best thing to do is go and listen. Dont get caught up in the names or the size. Just listen to what you like for your room and you cant go wrong. If the paradigms do interest you they have some great reviews on there site. www.paradigm.com

jeff weiss
Thanks for the responses.
Which would you consider a better choice for HT, the Aperion 5.1 system ($ around $1000.00) or the Polk Audio 6600 (also around $ 1000.00 w/ the sub). The reviews on the Aperion are very favorable, but they don't have a true center channel speaker. Is this a concern?

Bob Russell
Jeff, Check out www.hometheaterdirect.com I bought there Level Three Towers and Level Three Center Speaker and they are just awesome. The pictures on the website dont do there actual product justice. The finish on the black speakers is just shy of a piano finish, they are considered semi gloss.

About to buy my first surround system. I am buying from Best Buy (gift certificates) and am limited to 850.00 for receiver, and surround speakers including sub-woofer. How does Sony 675 with JBL N-24, Ncenter and PB-10 sound for a system in that price range?

Jeff, the best speacker system for the money is built by Atlantic Technology, they have gotten great reviews, and i have the T70 system myself. you can buy the T 70 system now for $789, but if you would like to step up a little I would look at the T90 System with i will be buying next month. With eather system you will need at least a 100 watt system to push the speakers.
hope this helps.
Jeff H

I would go with the Axiom systems. Great value and with a 30 day money back guarantee you can try them out and if you don't like them..send them back.

http://www.axiomaudio.com

80gJoe
Any comments on Acoustic Research AR-15 speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us