Expert Advise needed on the Eq settings for my Sony STR-De875

I am running a STR-DE875 receiver and a set of Denon Sc-70S speakers with a 10inch RCA sub. I like the sound I get but i find that when I turn the Eq off, the sound is flat. But I dont understand the Eq settings enough to set them. I know some of you may say it just involves trial and error, but I have done that, I just want a general explanation for my Eq settings. And what good settings for each of them are for a well rounded home theatre in a medium size living room.

Front Bass 99Hz-1.0Khz/ -10dB to 6dB
Front Mid 198Hz-10Khz/ -10dB to 6dB
Front Treble 1.0Khz-10Khz/ -10dB to 6dB
Center Bass 99Hz-1.0Khz/-10dB to 6dB
Center Mid 198Hz-10Khz/ -10db to 6dB
Center Treble 1.0Khz-10Khz/ -10dB to 6dB
Surround Bass 99Hz-1.0Khz/ -10dB to 6dB
Suround Treble 1.0Khz-10Khz/ -10dB to 6dB
Also anyone know what the virtual speakers On/Off setting does?

I do not use the Eq on my sony receiver so I cannot help you there. I can however help you with your virtual speaker question. When you select one of sony's Digital Cinema Sound (DCS) modes such as Cinema Studio EX A the receiver can create a pair of virtual speakers. In other words these virtual speakers created can mimic the sound of say a 6.1 system (one with a surround back speaker) even though you are only running a Dolby 5.1 system. See owners manual for more detail. Some people like the sound, others don't. Only you can decide that!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us