Hooking up a Replay Tv?

Hi Im Andy. Im wondering how to incorporate my replaytv into my home theatre mix. The diagrams that come with the thing are pathetic. First of all I will list my devices. Then I will state what I want to be able to do.
1. Toshiba 32" T.V. 2 a/v inputs. I a/v output. I s-video input. And component video for colorstream. I will use my dvd stricty on that input so that is really not a question at all.
2. Cable box dct2000
3. Replaytv 5060
4. Toshiba vcr stereo model with coax ins and outs. 1 a/v input 1 a/v output.
5. Yamaha reciever with lots of ins and outs.

I want my wife to be able to watch the unit sometimes with the receiver turned off. So I will hook up the cable from the wall to cable box to replay to vcr to tv via coax so she can do that. Knowing that audio video quality are at the lowest standard but she likes to watch in the bedroom sometimes without messing with the receiver.

So if anyone can tell me an optimal way to hook up the unit through the reciever so I can enjoy that audio video through the reciever probably on input 1 I would greatly appreciate that. I have a question about the audio output on the tv. Should I hook up the audio outs on the tv to the audio in on the cable box, then from the outs on the cable box to the ins on the replay. Well anyways I will shut up and listen if anyone would comment I would greatly appreciate it. Its seems really hard to find drawings or diagrams that include all the devices I listed even though they are not that uncommon at all. Thanks in advance...Andy

Andy.

Any luck with finding a digram? I have similar questions. Thanks.

Glenn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us