Home audio setup

Username: Mcnab

Sierra Vista, Arizona USA

Post Number: 1
I am in the process of building a new home. I would like to have speakers on the covered patio, office, and two bathrooms.

First I need a new surround sound receiver. I have a Sony LCD TV that has HDMI, Direct TV HD receiver, I need a new DVD player and I have a VCR. I would like to have FM/AM, CD, and satelite (serius).

I then need speakers and volumn controls. I also need help with placement of spekers in the rooms. I have some decent Infinity spekers for the living room but think I would like to replace the rear speackers with in celing or in wall speakers.

I also need advice on wires and connectors, etc.

Is this a good place to get help for this?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12994
You are planning something extensive, have you consulted with your local installers? This is something that needs to be done right and doing it on a forum such as this is probably not the best thing.

Username: Snap

Post Number: 1
First, to Mike McNab- I would definetly consult an installer. There are things that come up that you won't think of.

Hopefully someone out there might have some input on my situation.

I have a house that is wired with surround speakers. The wires are all running to a cabinet on one side of the room while the Sony LCD TV and Direct TV receiver are on the other side. I know the TV and Direct TV need to be connected with an HDMI cable, but does anyone have any ideas how I can connect the surround receiver, DVD player, etc. without hard wiring them together? The distance is quite a ways and there's no real way to run the wires without major work. Are there any types of wireless devices that would allow this connection?

I am open to ideas! Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us