Popping sound from speakers when watching tv

Anonymous
I recently purchased a home theater system that works well when I watch DVDs. But, tonight I hooked up my digital cable to the system and I heard a lot of popping in the audio from the speakers. Any suggestions on how to fix this is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Derek
If it's only from the sub, there may be an auto turn-off/turn-on when there is not enough bass to keep the sub on. It should go off and on quietly. If it's popping, that's a design flaw and you would have to buy another brand of home theature.

Is the popping only on certain channel?(it may be the cable company).

Are you using the digital audio jacks on the back of the cable box to get audio?(if they are there, they should sound better).

Are you using the variable audio-outs of your TV to get audio?(you may have the TV turned up too loud while watching cable).

Do you hear the popping from regular antenna TV?(it's possible that there is a slight voltage difference between your equipment and the cable company. A ground interupter or surge suppressor with CATV connections might help).

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
The popping happens after the equipment heats up. We're getting a replacement receiver from the company. Thank you for your suggestions.

Anonymous
did getting the new receiver help? i have similar problems it seems with my new panasonic sc-ht900 system. it's getting worse.. now just listening to dvd/cd/radio also leads to speaker popping and brief periods of silence.

dvd's still sound (and look) great tho.

Anonymous

I also have a similar issue, popping noise including some periods of silence. Does anyone know what they modified in new reciever to fix issue?

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem with my panasonic sc-ht900?????? HELP!!!!

Anonymous

I've came to the conclusion that its not happening because of heat. I unpluged the receiver for a couple hours and then plugged it back in and turned it on, and not less than 30 mins. in it started popping again. I'm wondering if its not the power from the wall and if I might need a power conditioner?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us