How to set up speakers my sports room

Username: Skullyman

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I'm looking into buying Onkyo HT-S894 home theater system but not sure if it
will sound properly in my room set up. How would I set up the speaker to get the
best sound. Will this be a good system for this room set up? I have the TV in the
left corner and I have 2 sofa's on the opposite 2 walls. See attachment for
room lay out. 14x14 room.

Any advice will be great.

Thanks

Mike

application/mswordUpload
Room.doc (24.6 k)

Username: Wader

Post Number: 2
I coincidentally asked a related set of questions about the same size, same configuration room about an hour ago (!):

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=3&post=1043606#POST1043606

My guess was:

1. Put a sub-woofer behind and to the left side of the TV stand. I have this today for a stereo setup.

2. Place L/R front speakers slightly forward of the TV and against each nearby wall. I have this today for a stereo setup.

3. Place a center speaker below the TV.

4. Place a left rear speaker around head level, behind and to left of your diagram's primary sofa.

5. Place a right rear speaker around head level, behind and to right of your diagram's other sofa.

At least, that was my novice guess for a 5.1 configuration. Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 73
Since buying new speaker cable, I've just sorted out my speaker placement in a room not much bigger than yours. I did a bit of reading, but this aritcle covered all the basics.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/129023.html

With your corner layout, you'll probably end up with the front-left speaker to the left of the doorway (and feeding wire under the carpet). I expect the left and right rears would go above each couch on wall mounts. This would mean the spots on your couch would be outside of the sound field, and the best spot would likely be in the just behind the middle of the room on a big cushion or a bean bag :- )

You might have better luck trying the TV in the middle of a wall than a corner, as it looks like you can't move your couches...

Bronze Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 74
I've edited your picture, I think its pretty funny :- ) three suggested options though

application/mswordUpload
Room-325091 - mike.doc (34.3 k)

Bronze Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 75
I accuse Colonel Mustard, in the living room with the lead pipe :-)
Upload

other options
Upload

my favorite
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us