? on seting up yamaha reciever

Username: Inzane

Post Number: 1
this is my first post i just came across the site and did some reading everyone seems to be helpfull let me start of saying hello now for my ? i am trying to set up my reciever and am not sure where to start with some stuff like crossover i mostly use it for movies and my xbox 360 not much music now from what i could find on here from other post i set my front speakers to large and center and surronds to small the receiver is a yamaha not sure the model it was $300 from best buy 1 year ago if that helps put you in a ballpark the sub is a sony 12in 150 watt the front mains are Sapphire ST2B Main / Stereo Speakers here is what i found on them Product Details and Features
Key Features
Speakers Function Main / Stereo
Nominal Power 150 Watt RMS
Construction 3-Way
Cabling Cable
Technical Features
Frequency Reponse 30 Hz - 20000 kHz
Sensitivity 93 dB
Bi-amping With Bi-amping
Design
Outdoor/Indoor Indoor
Mounting Floorstanding
Cabinet Finish Wooden
Exterior Color Black
Dimensions
Width 6.5 in.
Miscellaneous
Product ID 22820516
any help would be appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12817
As far crossover settings are concerned, your preferences take precedence over anything.

Set it to the frequency that you like.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 340
A little experiment time. Since you already have selected large and yes for sub I would try either 60 or 40 for a crossover. But you could try selecting small in speaker size and using 80 or 60 for a crossover which will take some heavy bass loads off your mains. This setup may allow your mains to only have to deal with highs, mid range and mid bass tones leaving the damanding bass tones to the sub. In the end what sounds best to you is the best setup.

Username: Inzane

Post Number: 2
thanks guys will try one more thing i saw on the other forum is something about a bypass on the sub i don't think mine has one i only see volume,freq and one other swith i think it said reverse if i am using the reciever for crossover should i not be using the one on the sub also
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us