Video switching - HELP

Username: Roccostiffready

Post Number: 8
A couple of weeks ago I bought the NAD T773 A/V receiver. Recently I tried to watch TV while listening to a CD. Cannot be done unless I run two sets of cables to my speaker and use zone 2. Is this an expected solution? Are all A/V receivers like this?

Mark

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12792
Did you want to hear sound from the TV and CD at the same time?

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 63
eh,... did you want to listen to a CD while also listening to the tv through the same speakers?

"Cannot be done unless I run two sets of cables to my speaker and use zone 2. Is this an expected solution?"
Mark, that does sound kinda nutty to me, I wouldn't try it If you wanted to watch tv, and have music in the background, I'd maybe play the cd through the amp & speakers, and use the TV's speakers for tv sound.

Actually, I kind of get what you mean, say if you were playing playstation and wanted to hear your own cd rather than the games background music. Yeah, in this case I'd want both the CD and games sound effects played through the amp and speakers, but I can't think of a sensible way to do it.

How many speakers do you have, 5.1 or 7.1? The NAD T773 reciever is 7.1 (or 5.1 + 2 channel zone)... hmmm, might be possible to play a cd through the two presence speakers and leave the 5.1 for the tv? I don't know enough about the "zone" settings, I've ever tried to use them.}

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 64
Ah here you go, from the NADT753 manual below. I think this means you could run use the first five channels for the tv, and the 6th and 7th playing a cd in a separte zone (in this case the "zone" is th same room. If you do have the extra speaker you could have two presets set up, one for normal 7.1, and one for 5.1 + stereo from the rears maybe?

The ZR 2 remote control is a discrete compact remote for controlling the T 753 from various rooms other than the main room. The ZR 2 remote allows full separate control of the source selection irrespective to the main room. This means the zone input may be completely different, audio and video, from the main input and thus corresponding volume levels as well. If one wishes to enjoy the same source, as the main room the ZR2 remote has a [LOCAL] button to allow simultaneous listening, but with full separate volume levels.
The T 753's front florescent display will show activity of the zone control so that main room occupants are aware of the zone remote activity. Furthermore if there is no main room activity, only the zone indicator will be active in the T 753's fluorescent display.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us