Home Theater Parts

Silver Member
Username: Thecrypt

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 122
Now that our room is almost completed I'd like to start looking for some Sources, Amp, Preamps, Speakers, and whatever else I'd need maybe including a projector and screen for video, but audio comes first. What's a good DVD player? Should I go for Dish Network? DirecTV? There are a lot of choices for a DVR, DVD Player, and other sources. Thanks for helping me out! Just ask questions.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 368
Your gonna have to state a budget.
I've had Dish, customer service was terrible, as well as any rain storm.
I've had DirectTV for the last 5 years, and would give the nod to them. Great customer service, and a quality signal during storms as well.
PLUS they've got the NFL package. Which I think others might be able to get now?
They add HD stations as soon as they can also, which is a big plus.

Thats all I can help with until you give up a budget.

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 53
Hi Jake, a budget might be a good place to start, also listing any brands likes/dislikes might help discussion.

Here's a link to an article on HD displays that might help with projectors.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/22/hdtv-buyers-guide_uk/page8.html

Mike

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 126
Well for the DVD Player and whatever else in that league probably a budget around 10k, excluding a PS3, Wii, and 360.

For the amp and preamp, I'm going to have to think about that.

For the Video, I'll have to think about that as well.

I am going to take a look at DirecTV's offerings, thanks man.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 337
Jake is that 10k for just the DVD player? Are we talking 70-100k for the entire system? If yes you can start here http://www.ultimateavmag.com/

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 128
Hey guys, I was looking around and I've ordered an Ayre Dx-7e from our nearest dealer. I'm ultra excited to get it! I'll just have it in the box until I get everything together though...of course. It's time for work I better be off. Good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 338
Jake if that's the direction your going in check out KRELL or LEXICON for pre-amp amp combos and B&W,WILSON and JM LABS for speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us