B&K reference 200.7 VERSUS

Pls help me choose w/c one is really great for my HT. i got a a pair of Monitor audio gold reference 60, pair of Monitor audio gold reference 10 for side rear speakers, pair of Monitor audio gold reference GRFX surround for back rear speakers, and a monitor audio gold reference center. i previously bought this items n now im lookin for a good amp n a preamp. but first im lookin for a good amp. By tha way, the gold reference 60 has a 200w rms power handling.. so i think this speaker is perfectly matched to this options below. i still know that eventhough adcom has some good reviews, i tested it but.. didnt suprised me at all. And also i wont put the KRELL one in here coz those amps are way too expensive BUT worth a penny. so i came up with this 2 amps. specifications is listed below

B&K reference 200.7 200Wx7
Discrete Circuitry offers more accurate, three-dimensional sound
Computer Grade Capacitors improve low frequency control and dynamics
Available with satin black, optional golden champagne or silver front panel
THX Ultra Certified (Reference 200.7 only) - the unit has passed a rigorous series of Lucasfilm THX quality and performance tests and it is guaranteed that this amplifier will give superb performance for years to come.

Frequency Response
5-45kHz

Dampening Factor (50Hz)

Input Sensitivity

Unbalanced (RCA)
1.4V

Input Sensitivity

Balanced (XLR)
2.8V

Input Impedance (ohms)

THD (S+N)
.09% @ 1 kHz

Power Rating 8 ohms
200W @ 1 kHz

Power Rating 4 ohms
375W @ 1 kHz

Slew Rate
14v/µs

Amperage (peak-to-peak)

Signal to Noise Ratio, A Weighted
95dB

Dynamic Headroom

1.2 dB

Number of Channels

Aragon 2007

DESIGN:
7-ch THX Ultra2 Amplifier
POWER OUPUT 8:
200 watts/ch (7ch) into 8 ohms at less than 0.03%THD (20Hz-20kHz - 3 channels driven)
POWER OUTPUT 4:
300 watts/ch into 4 ohms at less than 0.05% THD
FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
20Hz-20kHz +0/-0.1dB
10Hz-100kHz +0/-0.5dB
TIM/DIM DISTORTION:
0.003%
S/N RATIO:
106dB A-weighted
DAMPING FACTOR:
500 (8 ohms - 50Hz)
INPUT SENSITIVITY:
100mV-1W / 1.42V-200W
INPUT IMPEDANCE:
20k ohms
INPUTS:
Gold-plated RCA Phono Jacks
OUTPUTS:
Insulated Speaker Binding Post Terminals
POWER CONSUMPTION:
130W @ Idle / 1200W Maximum
HEIGHT:
9.3" (23.6cm)
WIDTH:
17" (43.2cm)
DEPTH:
15" (38.1cm)
WEIGHT:
49 lbs. (22.3kg)
YEARS BUILT:
2002 -

THANKS for any help

G-Man
Well you have quite the set-up. I have 4 Monitor Audio G10's and the center along with the subwoofer from Monitor Audio. I have had everything from an Aragon 2007 hooked up to them with the new Aragon Soundstage Preamp, a B&K receiver, a Pioneer 49Ai (or whatever their current top of the line is called) and a Bryston 5-channel amp.

To be totally honest with you, they all sounded great. Monitor Audio Gold References are wonderful and easy to drive. And while I might have ever so slightly preferred the Aragon set-up (probably because cosmetically they are gorgeous), any difference was miniscule or insignificant with any of the above. Believe it or not I doubt I could tell the difference between the Pioneer and the Bryston or Aragon amps. Which goes to prove what any electrical engineer that doesn't have a vested interest will say--any adequately powered quality made modern solid-state amplification is indistinguishable from any other. Speakers and room acoustics are almost always the limiting factors in sound.

The above said, the B&K or the Aragon are both well-made and will sound identical when the volume level is the same. If you prefer balanced outputs go for the B&K. If you prefer a much better looking amp, nothing beats the Aragon. It looks like it is carved from brushed Stainless or Aluminum and has a beautifully seductive blue glow that women---and men love:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us