In need of DLP troubleshooting advice please.

Username: Rca44dlp

Post Number: 1
I've tried searching for forums on my issue, so I hope this is the best spot to post. Bear with me if it's not!

For two months at work this 44" DLP rear projection tv sat in our stockroom- I never knew why until I scanned it and saw it wasn't in the store's system. It went clearance, unopened, from $1500 to $750. In short- I got it for $660.

So I get it home. Plug it in- all is well. I start watching something, and I notice this slight gray circle when the screen goes black during viewing. I investigated, and I was told it's either a dirty lamp, or that the units mirrors are messed up- which would be horrible. I can return it, but the hassle is obvious and I'd really like to try and fix it if I can, first.

Is there ANY way this is can be taken care of easily? I tried different viewing settings, nada. Shows through anyways because it's a matter of the internal workings not being right.

Thanks to any and all who might be able to help out! btw.. I know RCA isn't the best brand to go with. It was all about the deal.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1319
­
Bill, this sounds like the old "crop circle" complaint heard many times on the Hitachi RP thread over in the rear projection forum. Turns out the problem was with laminate imperfections in the actual screen. The mystery then was why they seemed to come and go. The answer was that they went away when the TV (and its screen) got sufficiently warm after being on for some time. Depending on operating condititons, this took as much as an hour.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us