Concealing surround wires.

vpr
I am new at this, so bear with me. If going under the rug or behind the walls is not an option, what would be the best way to run wire to the surround wall mounted speakers so it wouldn't be that noticeable. Any suggestions would be appreaciated. Thanks......

clown vomit
they sell tubing that you can stick to your walls and moldings. It's specifically made for what you need .. I bought some at home depot and it conceals the wires nicely

Derek
I have used it too and it works well.

Here's another trick if you've got some time, patience and good drywalling technique:

Use a router to put a deep groove on the surface of the drywall--deep enough to accommodate your wire. Put the wire in place, patch the groove, repaint the wall, and presto! You've got a perfectly hidden wire.

I've only done this once, and it's definitely a last-resort thing because it's labor-intensive. But it does work really well.

Anonymous
Clown, what is the tubing called?

clown vomit
I forget the product name .. but you can find it at any "Home Depot" or "Lowes" type of store. It's in the wire section and it usually comes in kits. The kit's include straight tubes, elbows for corners in a variety of lengths. I got the "off white" tubing that blends in perfectly with my walls. The tubing has an adhesive back and is easy to cut into pieces for wierd corners and angles.

Anonymous
Cool, thanks for the help. I will drop by my local hardware store and see what they have. Thanks again.

Anonee Mouse
The tubing is generally called Wiremold. That is a brand name, but much like kleenex, it serves to name the product as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us