Receiver choices.

Username: Roccostiffready

Post Number: 3
I was hoping that could get some help choosing an A/V receiver that has the most bang for the buck.

The components I have now are as followed:

Sony KE-42TS2U plasma
B&W 602's Book shelves
B&W cc 652 centre channels
Rotel RCC-945 CD player
DVD player to be purchased

My plan is to eventually buy 603's for my fronts and put the 602's in the rear. Also get the DS6 wall speakers.

I also need to hook up 3 satellite receivers; my I pod and may old VCR.

The room I'm doing is in the basement and is roughly 15' x 20' with 7' ceiling.

So far this is what I priced out:

NAD T773 $1699.
Denon AVR-3806 - $1499
Denon AVR-4306 - $2499
Yamaha RXV 2700B - $1899
Integra DTR-6.6 - $1500

So far I fell the NAD is the best deal but I also realize that it lacks in video features.

My budget is $2000 CAN.

Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 331
Mark you have a nice start, I like the big Denon $1999 on there web site. But a better buy with better video switching might be Pioneer 84TXSi
2076_310069789_310985784%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/p roduct/details/0,,2076_310069789_310985784,00.html

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1280
NAD would sound the best out of those in my op. If you lack video features and consider them important then opt for a dvdo unit to handle video needs.

Post Number: 4
You can add the Rotel RSX 1057 to the mix. I can get it on sale for $1500 CDN.
What do you guy's think?

Username: Dalec

CA

Post Number: 6
Mark - I went with the Denon 4306 receiver and I would give it a really high recommendatation. Outstanding performance and features, and if you check around you'll find that it has some impressive reviews and recommendations for a receiver at the top of the class. I don't know about Canadian pricing, but if you shop around you can find some great pricing on it too.

I'm extremely happy with my choice.

DaleC

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1062
Mark J:

I have both a Rotel based system and an NAD based system, and with your B+Ws, I think the NAD will sound better--warmer and much more engaging. However, although the Rotel will have a softer sound, it is a fine choice as well.

The Onkyo has a poor power supply and is simply not competitive with the others--I would drop it from your list.

Post Number: 6
Yesterday I went and took a look at the Marantz 8001 receiver. Looks good, has a Toroidal power transformer but the video switching is better than the Nad T773. The place where a looked at the Marantz would not agree to me bring my 602's in to listem to them and they do not have a return policy. The price they quoted me was $1800.
I think I narrowed my picks to the Nad or Marantz but I was hoping someone out there could help me seal the deal.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us