HDMI to DVI, need an audio solution.

Username: Fairlady350z

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

Here's my situation.
I hook up my playstation 3 to a PC LCD monitor (Dell 2005FPW) with HDMI to DVI method.
I learnt from this forum that this won't transmit the audio.

My problem is that this lcd monitor doesn't come with audio in / out. So basically these are the available ports: VGA and DVI ports, S-Cable, Composite Video (only video, no audio in/out)
that's it.

I have this logitech 5.1 with 3 cables (green black and pink) and my ps3 has only a digital audio out. I wonder is there a way so that I can connect these two together?

My current set up is that I have this 5.1 speakers connected to my computer using a sound card (this one has a digital audio out as well but I don't use it).

If you can please help me that would be great, Im a noob when it comes this area.

Thank you very much

v

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 313
Ivan its sounds like a problem without an easy answer.PS3 only uses one brackout wire at a time. Because your using HDMI on the ps3 you have no other outputs from the ps3 that you can use to your TV. Either use an composite out with anolog audio (yellow red white) or you need an AV receiver with digital inputs to feed the audio.

Username: Fairlady350z

Post Number: 2
Hi Casey,

thanks for your reply.
Yea I might end up using the composite.

Again, I'm a noob and I don't understand about how this A/V system works, but I wonder, since I have this sound card that has spdif in / out, will it be possible to use a tosling to toslink cable to connect my ps3 to my computer and therefor output the audio through it?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 314
Try it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us