Trouble with Surround Sound!!

Username: Cmt12sb

Post Number: 1
I am new to this stuff, I just bought a panasonic surround sound, dvd works fine, but tv nor xbox will work through surround sound? When I try to use the surround sound with the tv I just hear buzz throught the speakers. Also, when I have my xbox hooked up to one video in on the tv, my dvd from the surround sound will not work unless I unplug the xbox video in. My Tv is sylvania

Please Help!!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11683
Did you read the manual?

How is the TV connected to the Panasonic?

Post Number: 2
Yes, I read the manual, it told me that I should lower the volume on my tv all the way down and then turn up the volume on the receiver to the surround sound. It is connected by the video out on the receiver to the video in on the tv, like it told me too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11684
Check the manual on your TV as well. Make sure that the audio output of the TV is connected to the audio input of the receiver.

Post Number: 3
Tv does not have an audio output only two audio inputs.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11691
Unfortunately, if you have no audio outputs on yuor TV you will not be able to hear your TV through your HT. If you have a VCR, then you can use its audio output to connect to your HT. If you have a cable box that comes with audio outputs, you can use that.

As far as your xbox is concerned you need to use its audio output by using the supplied audio cables to connect to your HT.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us