ONKYO WILL FIX!!! re: HT-S650/TX-SR500

ALL OF YOU, stop crying and just get it fixed. Onkyo knows about the problems and is willing to resolve all issues. I dropped my unit off at the repair shop the other day and they fixed it no questions asked, nothing out of pocket. Depending on where you bring it, the tech should have access to the Onkyo service bulletins(online) which clearly state the problem and that its covered.

What I cant understand is that Onkyo asked me if it was still under warranty. Lucky for me it was but I felt that if Onkyo knew, at this point, that they had gotten a bad batch of IC chips, shouldnt they fix the problem regardless of whether or not its under warranty. Giving the benefit of the doubt, Onkyo might not have known that the units were bad before they shipped out, but in reality they did go out from the factory defective.
Dont you think this should be a recall issue and not a warranty part?

Anonymous
it's about the bottom line. they don't want to shell out what they dont have to.

your absoutely right about that.

Boris
Spit, how long did it take for you to fix this?

Did the shop have to order parts? Do you know how many parts?

It took about two weeks to get the part. The repair guy had to replace the whole board. Whatever the whole board is! Yes he had to order it but Onkyo authorized it right away.

Boris
Well, mine is still in the shop as they wait for this "whole board" thing. The shipping is from one coast to another so it takes time.

According to the shop the first attempt to fix did not succeed. They replaced IC chip only. Then they called Onkyo and ordered another part (the board).

P.S. It's been 3 weeks and counting... I can't watch movies with TV sound anymore :-( The funniest part is when you start THX movie and there is a sound that is supposed to impress you... Oh well.

Edwin Garcia
Took mine in on April 28th to Frontier Enterprise in Paramus NJ and still waiting. Received called from them this morning stating they did not find any problems. Asked to talk to tech and was told he did not speak English (only Russian). What kind of bull is that. Asked to talk to manager and was told he had left for the day. Asked for name and number of manager and guy hung up on me. Said I was being a jerk. I mean, how would you feel if you are without your unit for 2+ weeks, and now all they want you to do is take the unit home and try again. Bring back if problem is there. They must be crazy. I did all my testing with the Avia Home Theater setup, used ATC, and used THX Optimizer and problem was definitely there. Had to call Onkyo customer relations which called the service center. They are going to fix the unit. Man what a headache.

Boris
Just got it back. Took exactly 3 weeks. But it was worth it. It could have been 2 times faster if they ordered all necessary parts the first time. They replaced the circuit board and capacitors.

Now my couch is shaking (did not notice this before) -- must be the LFE :-) But then again it's been 3 weeks and maybe I forgot how it sounded before.

Great system no matter what. IMO, it would be better if Onkyo arranged just straight replacement of buggy receiver with the new one instead of making customer wait 3 weeks...

Edwin Garcia
Man, I can't believe I'm still waiting for my unit to get fixed. I'm so freaking depressed right now. Everytime I call, I get the same bull. Will take a couple of days, maybe next week. I just about had it. This stupid fix better be worth it for all the time it's taking. I have Onkyo customer relations involved and they are really no help. Asked for refurbished unit so I don't have to wait and was told they can't do that. What a joke. Anyone in here from the Northeast, don't take your units to Frontier Enterprise.

Edwin, Email Onkyo. I got much better response that way than I did by phone. It still took almost a month.

Edwin Garcia
Onkyo shipped the parts yesterday and the service center should have received today. I'm hoping I have it ready by this weekend. It's been such a long time and it's suppose to rain almost all weekend here in the northeast. It would be nice to get back to normal. My system right now is like my car. "I can't live without it". What a difference watching movies. I normally rent 2-3 new rentals every week, but lately it's not the same. I'm going to have to watch again some of those movies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us