JBL JSR400 (rear speakers no signal)

Hello All,

I have a receiver that supports 5 speakers (and a subwoofer). We had everything hooked up when we first purchased 4 years ago. For a while (last 3 years) we just used the fromt 3 speakers (L/R/Middle). We have moved into a larger space and I have tried to hookup the two rear speakers and they dont work. The speakers are fine, but for some reason there does not seem to be a signal to the rear speakers (the JBL JSR400 has a built in sound test that send a signal to each speaker one at a time)... Can anybody please email me any idea of what I'm doing wrong. As I said I know the speakers are OK, beacuse I swaped them all out through the front and they received the signal just fine. I'm at my wits end!

~Thanks, SeattleGould

Derek
Make sure you are connecting the speakers to the rear and not the "B" jacks.

Is there a setup in the receiver where you tell it how many speakers you have (most do)? The rears may be set to "No". Usually the receiver will cycle through the test tone faster when set that way. You know - three quick hisses across the front speakers. If there is an AMP/Speaker problem, the test tone will cycle through the front speakers and you will hear nothing when the back should be playing. It will sound like this: HISS, HISS, HISS, [pause], [pause], HISS, HISS, HISS, [pause], [pause].

Is there a setup in the receiver where you control each speakers level? Try turning the rears up while the test tone is playing.

Try turning the receiver down and putting your ear close to each rear speaker. You should always hear a slight hiss.

Hope this helps.

Hello Derek,

I swear I get the [pause],[pause] when the test cycles. I hear nothing from the rear speakers no matter how high I set the receiver volume...

The back of the receiver is very straight forward... LF, RF, C, LR, RR...

I will look to see if I can somehow change how many speakers should be used, I'm pretty sure I have scoured the remote & receiver for an option like that with no luck.

I appreciate the help, and if anybody is familiar at all with this JBL receiver, please, please, HELP!?! I'm about to loose the last of the hair that I have (not a pretty site). Good thing I have a great personality ;)

~Thanks, Jim
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us