Helppp!! lost connecting the boxes!!! I know it's logical, buttttttt ........

Unregistered guest
My head now officially hurts from hitting it against the wall ...

I can not hook the following components together effectively, so seek a guru!

TV - Sony KV 29FIU: 2 scarts, 'antenna in'.

VCR - JVC J745EK : 2 scarts (AV1 i/o, AV2), 'antenna in', 'antenna out', 'audio-out' plus uncertain other 'outs' on front panel.

Satellite receiver : 2 scarts ("TV" and "VCR") plus 'dish in', 'antenna in' and 'antenna out'

DVD/radio tuner/amplifier home theatre combo: Sony HCDSA30 - 1 scart, vid1 in/out (2 sets yellow-white-red jacks), vid2 (one set yellow-white-red jacks).

Previously the TV/Sat/VCR were set up perfect: dish-in to sat; co-ax to sat; sat TV scart to TV scart; sat VCR scart to VCR AV2 scart; sat antenna-out to VCR antenna-in; VCR AV1 scart to TV scart; VCR antenna-out to TV antenna-in.

No problems, could tape satellite or terestrial programmes, watch whatever at the same time, all well and good.

Just bought the Sony DVD/radiotuner/amp/home theatre one-box thing, with in/outputs as described, but finding the right hookup to allow Terestrial/Sat/DVD viewing options plus sat/Terestrial recording is eluding me completely.

Like ... help?!??

j. vigne
Unregistered guest
Sorry to sound stupid but what is a "scart"? Have you asked for assistance where you purchased this equipment? My first guess would be you need a signal/antenna splitter.

RayUK
Unregistered guest
Hi J. ... thanks for bothering ... I'm looking at signal-splitting at the same time already, however I'm ideally looking to find a clean setup without needing to crossover or redirect via switching ..

I wonder if a scart is a UK/Europe-only thing then? I am assuming you are in the US? Hmmmm, that might just make this a waste of time! :-)

Current-technology here hooks separates together using scart-sockets and scart-leads ... essentially everything-in-one ... single cable which does away with red/yellow/white jacks/leads, audio leads, and can incorporate RGB functions ... some early problems with S VHS alongside RGB, though that's mostly engineered-out now anyway

If it is of interest, go here
http://www.hippy.freeserve.co.uk/scart.htm

The scart leads run to 21-pin (usually) plugs not unlike larger versions of some computer-peripheral multi-pin plugs, and depending on the equipment and the communication links/needs there may be a few, or some, or all of the pins active. Whatever, it is one plug and one socket for everything ...

... except in my case it isn't! :-(

Thanks for responding, however I am guessing that my question probably doesn't make too much sense to the very people I was asking if the scart protocol is unrecognised! Bummer!!

However, if there's a UK mine-of-information person in the house please will they make themself known to the Manager? Thanks.

RayUK

Unregistered guest
Please help!!!
I have an old RCA TV only one spot in the back to hook up anything, a sat receiver, vcr and dvd,right now it is all working - but I can not get the vcr to record when I am away from home.I have the vcr set to record but it doesn't do it. How can I hook this up to do a timed recording?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us