HT 5.1 or 6.1 Speakers and Reciever (not HTiB) <= $1000

Username: Pigwarrior0352

Post Number: 1
I am looking for the best combination of 5.1 or 6.1 speakers plus a stand alone reciever that I can get for $1000 or less. There seems to be so many brands out there that I have no idea where to start. I saw "Berny" mentioned that a Denon reciever and Paradigm speakers make a good combo, but I have no idea of the cost. I am just looking for the best in my price range. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Drgroovee

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 11
Hi Greg,

Sorry you didn't get a faster response to your inquiry. I don't know if you are still looking, but I'll weigh in with my opinion just in case:

I think that there is an important balance to strike between the quality of the receiver and the capability of the speakers. Frankly, I think adding $200.00 to your budget opens up many more options. You can find high performance, compact 5.1 systems from a number of different speaker companies for $600- $800. Take a look at Orb Audio, Aperion Audio, Mirage (Omnisats) and Definitive Technology (Pro Cinema 60). Admitedly, I work for Aperion Audio, but I want to make it clear that this isn't an adverpost for my company.. you can find great systems from all of the above manufacturers and I've listed all of the ones that I am familiar with. I'd make the same reccomendations to anyone. I'm sure there are many others here that would happily comment on the differences amongst them.

On the receiver end, take a look at the Pioneer VSX-1016 or 816. Both offer a good amount of power, the 1016 even offers HDMI connectivity, which is great for a receiver at this price point. The folks that I talk to have been thrilled with both models and you can find them at great prices from several repuatble retailers and "e-tailers"

I hope this gets you started in the right direction. Good luck!

Caleb Denison
Aperion Audio

Bronze Member
Username: Drgroovee

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 12
ACK! Neglected to mention the Energy Take 5 system. That one is easy to find and a good value as well.

Username: Pigwarrior0352

Post Number: 9
Well its too late to infuence what I bought but it is reasuring since I ended up getting the Pioneer 1016 paired up with the ProCinema60 System from Def Tech...I got it all for $1000, I think I did pretty well, and thanks fro the response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us