Home Theatre System using Creative 5.1 Speakers

Username: Tommookken

RiyadhSaudi Arabia

Post Number: 1
I have a DVD which was connected to my stereo system till the ancient (1971) Kenwood amp which had served me so well, finally gave up it's ghost.

I have been toying with possibility of using Creative Inspre T6060 5.1 speakers (it comes with a built in tuned amp inside the sub woofer enclosure).

Which is the best (and inexpensive) way of feeding the Digital Audio out (coaxial) from the DVD to the three stereo (3.5mm) sockets (FrontLR, RearLR and Centre/Sub woofer - total of six channels)on the Sub-Woofer enclosure?

Thank you.

Username: Tommookken

RiyadhSaudi Arabia

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I think I've got my answer from another thread. Hope it will be of use to others also =>

Hey people,
Here is the solution for most questions above.. If you would like to find a reasonably priced digital decoder that can convert your optical/coaxial digital signals to your 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 analog outputs, try the creative DDTS 100 decoder. Its available on the creative website for 150 USD I think or you may find it cheaper at other places. I do know that most electronic stores don't have it. Go to this link...

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=136&product= 9468

Since most people you want a digital decoder, it sould let you do what you precisely want. This decoder is compact hence avaioding the size of receivers and the built in amplifier that most of you do not need since you only require a preout and you can connect it to your 5.1 logitech/creative etc. or any 5.1 audio system with a powerd amp but no digital inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us