Need advice

Username: Sebastiao

Post Number: 7
Hi

I am planning to buy the bose Acoustimas 5 series OR The Acoustimass 6 speaker system. I would like to know which amp i should go for HK, Onkyo or Denom or any other and if you can give me the model number please.

Whats and amp and a receiver? If i buy an amp do i need a receiver and vice versa? or an amp or receiver is good enough? sorry abt this confusion. I am confused

OR shall i go for Acoustimass 5 speaker system/SA-3 amplifier package? Do i still need to buy a seperate amp/receiver for this setup?

Or should I go for The Bose CineMate digital home theater speaker system since i wont have to buy an amp.

OR shall i just go for SONY HTIB DAVDX150 or other model?

i m located in tanzania so whatever is the choice i have to import from dubai and my budget is around 500-700USD

The reason i like bose is that i have heard them when i was 16 and just fell in love with them and also in our band we use Bose speakers and they are really nice

Please need your adive

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10496
If you are using Bose speakers for your band, I am hoping that you are referring to the professional series such as the Panaray and the 802s, they are different from the ones you normally use for home audio.

Whatever it is that you may have heard when you were 16 may not be the same now. Unless of course you are on 16 1/2 now :-)

Listen to something else. The Bose Acoustimass is nothing short of a disappointment and comparing it to what you hear with your band will really bring out its weakness.

But tell us what is available and what can you import from Dubai. We'll go from there.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 389
Everything is avail in Dubai, and cheap as hell.

Post Number: 8
Hi Berny

First and formost if you remember i had posted this same mesage on someone else's thread and i did not know what hijacking a thread was. My apologises for that.

When i was 16 i had heard the Acoustimass 5 speaker system of bose now i m 34. And with the stuff that we use in the band as you say might be different. Well anyway I was very keen of bose but with all the negatives that i have seen on various forums and with your advice i dont want to invest in something that i would like to repent later.

I dont know really what is available but if i can get link or even brand and their model numbers of what i want then i can ask one guy who imports stuff from Dubai to get for me.

At some stage i may return back to india once i finish my contract and keep this in mind i dont want to buy something bulky as well but if i have to then i dont mind.

I have a simple DVD player, which i can exchange for sony HTIB with the same guy OR i ask him to get me the amp/receiver and the speakers and build up the system.

So I would like to know what amp/receiver, their model numbers, links if possible i would need and speakers for surround sound with a woofer. I am looking for small speakers like bose.

Kindly adice

Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10514
For that budget I could recommend the Harman Kardon AVR 235

http://www.harmankardon.com/International_where_to_buy.aspx?Region=EUROPE&Countr y=AE&Language=ENG

With PSB speakers...the Alpha Series

http://www.psbspeakers.com/series.php?sId=4

http://www.psbspeakers.com/r/RestOfTheWorld.php#UAE

These should be readily available in Dubai.

Good luck.

Post Number: 9
Hi Berny

Thanks.But i still find the above combination bit expensive, cause with the import duty and taxes it will be a lot more.

I would like to know what you feel abt HTIB?

Somthing like
SONY DAV FX10 (Which i think is nice but dont know abt reviews)
SONY DX 150
ONKYO HT-S780

or something from

YAHAMA
KENWOOD

or any other if you can recommend

Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10516
NO Sony and NO Onkyo. Look for something in Yamaha or Panasonic HTIB.

Post Number: 10
hi Berny

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Thanks for your advices but I still think i may go for either bose or Sony HTIB. Simply cause of the import procedures. We have quite a few sony products ready available here

Also can you please advice me on the bose products that i asked earlier in the thread?

Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10570
Get what you can get sebastiao.

I have used Bose before and did not like any of their products except for the professional series. Too epxensive for the kind of product you get.

But if you are set on Bose and Sony just get it and you should be happy if you have nothing else to compare them with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us