Dolby Digital 5.1 sound breaking up every 5 minute

Bruce Coulter
I have a Kenwood VR-307 receiver connected to
a GE DVD player Model # DGE100N. The sound
works great except that every 5 minutes or so
the audio cuts out for a few seconds. It does it on all movies. What is going on?

Anonymous
Sounds like a bad amp to me. If you can return it do it. If you cant double check your speaker wire connections. If it still does it, you are going to have to get it serviced.

Bruce Coulter
Thanks for responding. I thought about that but it doesn't make sense that it would be a bad amp.
The problem ALWAYS occurs at the same spot in a movie precisely so many minutes in & so forth.
It is not a smudge on the disk. It occurs on all disks at that same minute intervals.
It seems like a data overrun problem to me. Maybe the DVD player is sending data to fast to the receiver & the glitch occurs when the receiver data buffer is full. Just a theory, don't really know.

superfecta
I would lean to the DVD player having a bad data buffer,it gets overloaded and stops then starts again until it gets overloaded.Try to borrow a buddys DVD player and see if it still happens.

Anonymous
i have an onkyo tsdx696 av receiver. it doesn't have a tape monitor button, but it has three sets of preamp out phono jacks. i want to hook up an equalizer to my receiver. could i hook up an integrated amp with tape monitor to my front pre outs and hook up an eq to the integrated amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us