2 different brands of speakers with 1 receiver?

Username: Mx23250

Post Number: 7
yeah i have a yamaha htr-5960 receiver, its 115x7 and i have yamaha speakers for surround (ns-333) and a center channel nsc-444 yamaha speaker, both are pretty top quality. i just got offered an amazing deal on two klipsch tower speakers which are brand new, sound amazing, and i want to get them for this system anbd was just wonderinf if it would matter if i have 2 different brands with one receiver? maybe it makes a slight different, but is it a major difference? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9505
Yes it will be a major difference, but I think you can tolerate that if you really get a great deal.

The Klipsch towers will sound a lot more different than the Yamaha. I wouldn't call the NS series top quality, however and once you hear the Klipsch, you will know what I mean.

The Klipsch are a lot more lively and well detailed than the muffled sound (at least to my ears, you probably love them, so I apologize in advance)or the NS series.

You will hear a lot more details with the Klipsch and if the center channel speaker is not timbre matched with the mains, the sound transitions will not be smooth and you will drown out the dialogue.

Get the Klipsch now if it is too good of a deal to pass up. Then you can trade in the rest of the Yamaha speakers for the rest of the Klipsch speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us