Axiom or HSU sub ?

Username: Heymaynard

Post Number: 1
I am looking into buying the fallowing speaker set from Axiom Epic Midi -- 175 the next week or so. From what I have been reading all the speakers are top shelf for the money but the only piece I have a question about is the Sub. I like the ideas of buying everything from a single vendor but for the 500 I will be spending for the EP175 I could get a HSU VTF-2 MK 2 and it looks and from all the post it's a lot of sub for the money. Any reason I should not get HSU or is there a better Sub for the money Around 500 ?

Bookshelf Speakers M2
Surrounds QS4
Center VP100
Subwoofer EP175 or HSU VTF-2 MK 2

Thx for any feedback in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8515
Though I am a great fan of Axiom loudspeakers, I prefer the subwoofer from HSU. I think they have a better and tighter response than the Axioms.

Post Number: 2
I figured that I would loose a little slam factor since the Axiom is forward facing and forward ported unlike the HSU but pick up better lower quality bottom end from the HSU. Thx for the impute

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8530
No problem. But remember, your preferences will be different. Although reviews may praise a sub and specifications may be perfect, it all comes down to what you like. If you don't like the sound, it doesn't matter what the critics may say.

Bronze Member
Username: Compumasta

Post Number: 14
I have personally never heard a lack of slam with a downward firing sub over a front firing one. See if its possible for you to try them both out and pick the one that sounds better to you and you alone.(and maybe the wife if your married...unless you really want to sleep with you new sub;)

Post Number: 3
LOL Yea slam probably was not the best of words to use. Luckily since the birth of the Plasma TV and the wife factor that goes with being able to put the TV on the wall I think I will be able to stay married and have a HT to :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us