Now I have it, what do I do with it?

Username: Stooped99

Post Number: 2
I also bought one of those VA 6.1 Home Theater speaker packages, yes from a van in a parking lot. I thought it had everything I needed. All it is is speakers. I want to know what I need to go with them in order for them to work. Do I need a decoder? Receiver? The guy told me all I had to do was hook it up to my TV!! Please help I have until the 29th to figure out what to do, I bought them as a gift for my boyfriend, don't want to have to tell him about the deal.

Bronze Member
Username: Em69

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 88
Why don't you ask the guy in the van? I'm sure he offers after sales service.

Username: Projectvirus

Post Number: 2
You're going to need a 6.1 channel receiver and speaker cables if your set didn't come with them. Also a subwoofer cable for the sub if you didn't get one of those. And unfortunately, unless your TV has an audio output, you won't be able to listen to surround sound when you're watching television. You will be able to listen to music in surround though.

Post Number: 3
Thank You Joe, that was the answer I was looking for. Are the cables easy to find or not? Do you know? My package says digital cinema, The azhole that sold me the package said they were wireless, Only one of the speakers has cable receivers on it. I only took a quick peek at them, so tomorrow when I get to work (thats where I have them stashed) I will check them out better. I have only 12 days to straighten this mess out, they were going to be a birthday present, I don't want to give a halfass present, so now I will spend more money to make everything right. If they work good I won't be upset. Think positive I always say.

Post Number: 4
Ok I've been checking out the receivers. Any recommendations? I'm not sure if I will be hooking up an amp. I have a Zenith DVD/VHS player I don't know if this is good or bad. Please please please help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us