An Excellent HT-S650 replacement

Anonymous
I'll leave all the details about system components and set-up to the other reviewers who have covered them well and will focus on the quality of this system.

I have audiophile ears and I'm picky about sound. Boy was I pleasantly surprised with the HTB-505. Although you could do better by dropping a couple thousand on a high end system, you sure can't go wrong with this one. The sound for music is excellent, bordering on stunning. I almost can't believe how good it is, especially considering how little I paid (at etronics). Anyone who buys this system for $500 or less is getting superb value. I almost bought a popular Onkyo system but read the messageboards and found massive complaints that the LFE (low frequency effects channel with Dolby Digital) channel doesn't play properly.

Speaking of Dolby Digital, DVD movies are theater quality and the subwoofer will have you vibrating in your seat. The bass definition for music is decent but not super tight and defined as would be the case with an expensive subwoofer, but it's still quite good.

All and all, this is a great system and a real bargain. I highly recommend it!

Anonymous
Do not repeat you pathetic ramblings over and over again.

Anonymous
BITE ME HOSS!

clown vomit
the HTB-505 has it's own problems .. sub humming etc. .. read the other NGs.

at least Onkyo has a fix for the 650 ..
with the 505 you basically live with the crap sound and pretend it's a good deal.

Anonymous
The HTB-505 is another plastic piece of Kenwood junk. I'll agree that the sound isn't bad when new, but no way near the caliber of the Onkyo. The trouble with the Kenwood is that isn't built to last long. The sound deteriorates fast as the system ages. In a year you have a system that sounds like a $50.00 boombox.

Anonymous
The HTB-505 rocks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us