Receiver match for Athena Micra 6?

Username: Projectvirus

Post Number: 1
I plan on purchasing the Athena Micra 6 system based on the great reviews it's gotten as well as its affordability.

Unfortunately I don't know what receiver to pair it with. If possible, I'd like to get a receiver that is under $275 and has the ins/outs to also be the audio system for an lcd monitor that will be serving as the television for my apartment. I really have no clue what kind of ins/outs that sort of setup would require, so any additional information on what kind of equipment I'd need to get for that would be much appreciated as well.

I don't really need a lot of power from the reciever, as this home theater system will be in a small room (13x12). So if possible, greater quality of sound, ease of use, and connectablity would be preferred over raw power.

One receiver that I have looked at and enjoy is the Denon AVR-486. It is in my price range but a little bit on the high side. I'd also need to purchase a DVD player to be integrated into the system as well, so should I be looking into buying the Denon DHT-486DV HTIB instead of getting separate components?

Help on any of these questions would be much appreciated. I apologize for my lack of knowledge :p
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us